Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Thought I'd do a quick post just to show some of the last of our peppers. We decided to go ahead and pick everything worth picking since it had been threatening to get down close to freezing. We gave away a bunch of these. Just no way we could've eaten all of them.

I wish we had more that ripened to red. They're just so much sweeter and tastier when they're red. Our friends at the Milkweed Diaries have an interesting post on peppers. They've grown a variety and note that green peppers aren't easy for our bodies to digest. I think there's some truth in that. We went to see an acupuncturist once and he looked at my tongue and told me I should cut down on all the raw veggies. He recommended a book called the Tao of Healthy Eating by Bob Flaws. I picked it up but haven't read it yet.

Remember those pumpkins that I was psyched about having finally grown? Well, they weren't going to last until Halloween, so we used them to create some funny/scary figures:

3 comments:

Milkweed said...

I love the Pumpkinheads!

And thanks for the mention!

Yellow, red and orange peppers definitely taste better, in any case...but there must be something good to do with the green ones. What are you doing with yours?

Brian and Dianne said...

We ended up giving most of our peppers away. I think we kept one of the bags in the picture and gave the other two bags away to a few friends and people at my wife's office.

What else could you do with them . . . . hmmm, I guess you could stuff 'em full of ground meat and cook the hell out of them if you didn't mind being totally sicked out. :-)

Anonymous said...

hey there-
i seeded them, diced them and froze them on a cookie sheet. then put them in a zip top bag for chili and uh, well, chili is all i can think of.
i miss red peppers and tomatoes already!
dianne